Friday, October 21, 2005

Sprite Eye Spite

Hurt-Threshing-company

You See the Sound

Damn
Miss morning gains
Ugly light brighter
Newness trying to make old friends again

Shoot
I wish I could
So near that sigh
Trigger that thigh
Or the other

Seldom straight fairytales
Flipping motions of the whale
Dive, rise, exhale
An Ocean rolling beneath and above
Aftershocks of love

The smell of spice
And everything nice
What for these pails
Buckets of puppy tails

To plant a seed
Is a thing of greed
Taking in anger
And robbing the manger

To forgive a sentence
A forgetful penance
Penalties drawn in disappearing ink
With old lemons and melting candles

A loft, a room
Above the living doom
Following the ladder
Sunbeams follow the splatter

Who knew this could be
A toothpick made from the Giving Tree
Picking these teeth
Freeing this thief

Out with abandon
Doorknobs red hot burning their doors down
Fingers closed tight to the bone
Burning the lamp with the genie still inside

No master I
I will not be drowned
I am threshing the chaff
out out out

You see the sound

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who'd you rip this on off of?

Everything Nice said...

ok, did you write this? Jesus man, talk.

ps - I liked it.

Helskel said...

Yep... wrote it Friday morning.

Usually, if I don't attribute, it's all mine.

But thanks for calling me the 'Jesus Man'. ; )