Wednesday, June 20, 2007

May Bee

folkSinger


(fire up your imagination's folky melody, and sing along)




I had dreams of grandeur,
waking in a manger,
but found I wasn't born to save.

Love my sweet May Bee,
told her many fably,
lost her near the city ditch.

Found two fountain pen,
down where the road do bend,
use them to write this here song.

Forgot my mother's middle name,
Read it right off her mossing grave,
Never meet her likely or again.

Went to the fire shanty,
surprised by my fancy,
can't tell a soul what I done.

chorus

No I can't tell a soul what I done.
No.
No I can't tell a soul what I done.

4 comments:

BirdMadGirl said...

Do you already have a melody for this? I'd love to hear you play it for me. The words alone have me quite interested in hearing it :)

Pour the rum and strum...

Helskel said...

hmmmm,

sounds like a plan.

I need to put the new strings on anyhow... while you continue working on our little project.

*lick

Carl Spackler said...

do you play in a band or something?

can i be your roadie? perhaps i can be the bus driver when you guys go on tour?

Helskel said...

hahha!

Carl,

nope, I don't play in a band.

I don't even think I 'play' guitar.

But I like to practice just the same.


If i had a band, and we toured,
you ARE DEFINITELY driving the bus!