Monday, April 07, 2008

Harbor Holds

Rowayton Harbor

When the cold wind blows
And her sails streak with frozen spray,
I call from between the land and sea,
Come here my cherished love to me.

When the doldrums threaten with empty waste
And her skin blisters beneath an angry sun,
Anon I offer from the sheltering shade,
Come wait with me for cruel noon’s fade.

When the boat grows tarnished and frail
And her efforts alone cannot repair,
Throw me your line I say,
Let’s refit joy together, weave again the frayed.

When she cries too quiet to hear
And the blank moon grants no company,
I whisper across the water,
Be steadied here as the sky’s only daughter.

When she’s laughing, rushing and sweet
And the airs and currents bask in her revelry,
I smile in rhythm with her life,
Serving refreshment and repast, flickering shadow and light.

Whatever driving, draining, daring
Cycles of oceans far away,
I harbor here
For her, for her, for she
I harbor here, my dear, for thee.

Monterey-Bay-Harbor-Seal



---------------------------------

me_hm_bar-harbor01

z020_Village_on_the_Harbor

Westport-Harbor---Mass

boston_harbor_sunrise_by

2 comments:

Helskel said...

yay!

I earn big money for those dots!



*lovin apples

mosaica said...

Wow. That was gorgeous...