Thursday, October 15, 2009

Always Forward

woman-in-rowboat

If the days measure fitful, you need first master the chaos inside.

If the days prove the depth of challenge, useful is that cool core within, as the marbled pillar of the temple.

It is your eyes that dance the line between the world’s pain and your own, as sacred stained glass buffeted by winds from far away lands and from the torments churning deep in your soul’s cave.

Your pain is your beauty.

It is not a cause of despair, but of delight.

Your triumph takes the breath from crowds, makes people fear their own paler skin, this I have seen.

There is nothing wrong with what has fallen.

Fruit of the Garden, stars from Heaven, leaves from the olive Tree.

The is no faith to be lost in the future.

Turns of the prayer Wheel, followers of the Hundred, sanity finding Sense.

Be not bedazzled by the flashing ripples of the water’s surface.

Know Blind,

but know the flowing flower form of the swirling fluidic expanse touching everything, as your oars work and push this row boat of your life Forward, though we are fated to only face behind us, to stare but at the past.

We are Always forward. We are the Shore.

1 comment:

BirdMadGirl said...

It's easier to fall and harder to stand
It's easier to cry and harder to laugh
And I don't know how, I don't know why
But you're the light on my shoulder when I'm tired

It's easier to run and harder to be still
It's easier to think and harder to feel
And I don't know how, I don't know why
But you're the light on my shoulder when I'm tired

It's easier to hide and harder to trust
It's easier to hate and harder to love
And I don't know how, I don't know anything
But you're the timbre in my voice when I sing

- Susie Suh
xox