Friday, March 29, 2013

I Met Her


I want your mother to be my mother. I want your father to be my father. I want your brother as my sister. I want my father to be your mother. I remember your cousins as they stood watching the introduction. I remember the lies you told the clerk behind his counter. He will believe them forever. I see the sky when you look up. I left the past in front of me. I know the aims you seek. I heard the sound of shrieking. I become what you need. I form my arms to separate you from the world. I left all the truths with the other toys in the box. I know silence is serious business. I fell from the ground to a walking man. I gave my crutches to circus performer. I met your mother in the morning. I knew what lusts befall the favored men of the clan. I gave tremendous pittances to the conflicting style of statement. I wonder aloud the things I should say. I know the cat’s eye. There are three things uncountable. There have been four perfect pieces of five. Temperature is the motion of the movable  Rough dogs bare their teeth easily. Finding the key to the lock is the last step home. The sun never moves if you see it but once a day. Once a year. Once a lifetime. She thrills the skin, or the thought of skin. There are no crimes betrayed by evidence. I know the speaking of sighs. I remember the day I met your father. I left the cottage alone. I am followed by bears followed by mules followed by humming birds followed by Triffids. I think I left the pen beside the paper. I know the lives of terrible people. I know the glory of the golden eyed. I tense with the memories. I forget to forget. I need no tattoos to know the depth of the questions before me. I met you sister outside her home. Leveling the sand will begin well the path. There are dark eyes in bright spaces. Suddenly, the same thing occurs as predicted. Sadly I rejoice. I wish the show would end within minutes of our arrival. I react poorly to it all. I keep mostly cool in the heat of their presence. I hear them singing, singing, singing. It is happening to you. The town closed over in walls.  In caves of glass and plastic. We are going to drown here. The waves will not slow. There is no high ground on the ocean. The ocean has come. I met your sister’s sister in a far flung novel. I knew the knowledge of you would change everything. I left the truth in my tool belt. I’m naked but for the rhyming smile. I know the fish you caught found you first. I forget the ways of humans. I found the ball far off on the lawn. It ran from me because it is round like the world. Together the falling. Separate the brake. The cultivation is endearing. I’m growing toward death. I find you disconcerting. It is not a special condition. I know the world through the sole of my shoes. The laces tighten with my smile. Hello, don’t trip. I will help you. I am gone. I have left for the coast. You have come with me. The trees are different if you are a tree. I will leave no children and no name. I cannot despair. I am leaving behind the truth with the map of/to our home. I've buried a key beneath the agreed upon spot. There are words for this. You must know how it happened. I never saw it coming. I can only see it all going away, down the memory hole, the well of faces. I threw the orange at the wrong angle. As it rolled away, she said it doesn't matter, we don’t eat the outside. I assume you read English. I met your mother before mine.


Want your mother to be my mother. Want your father to be my father. Want your brother as my sister. Want my father to be your mother. Remember your cousins as they stood watching the introduction. Remember the lies you told the clerk behind his counter. He will believe them forever. See the sky when you look up. Left the past in front of me. Know the aims you seek. Heard the sound of shrieking. Become what you need. Form my arms to separate you from the world. Left all the truths with the other toys in the box. Know silence is serious business. Fell from the ground to a walking man. Gave my crutches to circus performer. Met your mother in the morning. Knew what lusts befall the favored men of the clan. Gave tremendous pittances to the conflicting style of statement. Wonder aloud the things should say. Know the cat’s eye. There are three things uncountable. There have been four perfect pieces of five. Temperature is the motion of the movable  rough dogs bare their teeth easily. Finding the key to the lock is the last step home. The sun never moves if you see it but once a day. Once a year. Once a lifetime. She thrills the skin, or the thought of skin. There are no crimes betrayed by evidence. Know the speaking of sighs. Remember the day met your father. Left the cottage alone. Am followed by bears followed by mules followed by humming birds followed by triffids. Think left the pen beside the paper. Know the lives of terrible people. Know the glory of the golden eyed. Tense with the memories. Forget to forget. Need no tattoos to know the depth of the questions before me. Met you sister outside her home. Leveling the sand will begin well the path. There are dark eyes in bright spaces. Suddenly, the same thing occurs as predicted. Sadly rejoice. Wish the show would end within minutes of our arrival. React poorly to it all. Keep mostly cool in the heat of their presence. Hear them singing, singing, singing. It is happening to you. The town closed over in walls.  In caves of glass and plastic. We are going to drown here. The waves will not slow. There is no high ground on the ocean. The ocean has come. Met your sister’s sister in a far flung novel. Knew the knowledge of you would change everything. Left the truth in my tool belt. I’m naked but for the rhyming smile. Know the fish you caught found you first. Forget the ways of humans. Found the ball far off on the lawn. It ran from me because it is round like the world. Together the falling. Separate the brake. The cultivation is endearing. I’m growing toward death. Find you disconcerting. It is not a special condition. Know the world through the sole of my shoes. The laces tighten with my smile. Hello, don’t trip. Will help you. Am gone. Have left for the coast. You have come with me. The trees are different if you are a tree. Will leave no children and no name. Cannot despair. Am leaving behind the truth with the map of/to our home. I've buried a key beneath the agreed upon spot. There are words for this. You must know how it happened. Never saw it coming. Can only see it all going away, down the memory hole, the well of faces. Threw the orange at the wrong angle. As it rolled away, she said it doesn't matter, we don’t eat the outside. Assume you read english. Met your mother before mine.


want your mother to be my mother want your father to be my father want your brother as my sister want my father to be your mother remember your cousins as they stood watching the introduction remember the lies you told the clerk behind his counter he will believe them forever see the sky when you look up left the past in front of me know the aims you seek heard the sound of shrieking become what you need form my arms to separate you from the world left all the truths with the other toys in the box know silence is serious business fell from the ground to a walking man gave my crutches to circus performer met your mother in the morning knew what lusts befall the favored men of the clan gave tremendous pittances to the conflicting style of statement wonder aloud the things should say know the cat’s eye there are three things uncountable there have been four perfect pieces of five temperature is the motion of the movable  rough dogs bare their teeth easily finding the key to the lock is the last step home the sun never moves if you see it but once a day once a year once a lifetime she thrills the skin, or the thought of skin there are no crimes betrayed by evidence know the speaking of sighs remember the day met your father left the cottage alone am followed by bears followed by mules followed by humming birds followed by triffids think left the pen beside the paper know the lives of terrible people know the glory of the golden eyed tense with the memories forget to forget need no tattoos to know the depth of the questions before me met you sister outside her home leveling the sand will begin well the path there are dark eyes in bright spaces suddenly, the same thing occurs as predicted sadly rejoice wish the show would end within minutes of our arrival react poorly to it all keep mostly cool in the heat of their presence hear them singing, singing, singing it is happening to you the town closed over in walls  in caves of glass and plastic we are going to drown here the waves will not slow there is no high ground on the ocean the ocean has come met your sister’s sister in a far flung novel knew the knowledge of you would change everything left the truth in my tool belt i’m naked but for the rhyming smile know the fish you caught found you first forget the ways of humans found the ball far off on the lawn it ran from me because it is round like the world together the falling separate the brake the cultivation is endearing i’m growing toward death find you disconcerting it is not a special condition know the world through the sole of my shoes the laces tighten with my smile hello, don’t trip will help you am gone have left for the coast you have come with me the trees are different if you are a tree will leave no children and no name cannot despair am leaving behind the truth with the map of/to our home i've buried a key beneath the agreed upon spot there are words for this you must know how it happened never saw it coming can only see it all going away, down the memory hole, the well of faces threw the orange at the wrong angle as it rolled away, she said it doesn't matter, we don’t eat the outside assume you read english met your mother before mine

wantyourmothertobemymotherwantyourfathertobemyfatherwantyourbrotherasmysisterwantmyfathertobeyour
motherrememberyourcousinsastheystoodwatchingtheintroductionremembertheliesyoutoldtheclerkbehindhisco
unterhewillbelievethemforeverseetheskywhenyoulookupleftthepastinfrontofmeknowtheaimsyouseekheardthes
oundofshriekingbecomewhatyouneedformmyarmstoseparateyoufromtheworldleftallthetruthswiththeothertoysi
ntheboxknowsilenceisseriousbusinessfellfromthegroundtoawalkingmangavemycrutchestocircusperformermety
ourmotherinthemorningknewwhatlustsbefallthefavoredmenoftheclangavetremendouspittancestotheconflictingst
yleofstatementwonderaloudthethingsshouldsayknowthecat’seyetherearethreethingsuncountabletherehavebeen
fourperfectpiecesoffivetemperatureisthemotionofthemovableroughdogsbaretheirteetheasilyfindingthekeytothel
ockisthelaststephomethesunnevermovesifyouseeitbutonceadayonceayearoncealifetimeshethrillstheskin,ortheth
oughtofskintherearenocrimesbetrayedbyevidenceknowthespeakingofsighsrememberthedaymetyourfatherleftth
ecottagealoneamfollowedbybearsfollowedbymulesfollowedbyhummingbirdsfollowedbytriffidsthinkleftthepenb
esidethepaperknowthelivesofterriblepeopleknowthegloryofthegoldeneyedtensewiththememoriesforgettoforget
neednotattoostoknowthedepthofthequestionsbeforememetyousisteroutsideherhomelevelingthesandwillbeginw
ellthepaththerearedarkeyesinbrightspacessuddenly,thesamethingoccursaspredictedsadlyrejoicewishtheshoww
ouldendwithinminutesofourarrivalreactpoorlytoitallkeepmostlycoolintheheatoftheirpresencehearthemsinging,sin
ging,singingitishappeningtoyouthetownclosedoverinwallsincavesofglassandplasticwearegoingtodrownherethew
aveswillnotslowthereisnohighgroundontheoceantheoceanhascomemetyoursister’ssisterinafarflungnovelknewth
eknowledgeofyouwouldchangeeverythingleftthetruthinmytoolbelti’mnakedbutfortherhymingsmileknowthefishy
oucaughtfoundyoufirstforgetthewaysofhumansfoundtheballfaroffonthelawnitranfrommebecauseitisroundlikethe
worldtogetherthefallingseparatethebrakethecultivationisendearingi’mgrowingtowarddeathfindyoudisconcerting
itisnotaspecialconditionknowtheworldthroughthesoleofmyshoesthelacestightenwithmysmilehello,don’ttripwillh
elpyouamgonehaveleftforthecoastyouhavecomewithmethetreesaredifferentifyouareatreewillleavenochildrenan
dnonamecannotdespairamleavingbehindthetruthwiththemapof/toourhomei'veburiedakeybeneaththeagreedupo
nspottherearewordsforthisyoumustknowhowithappenedneversawitcomingcanonlyseeitallgoingaway,downthe
memoryhole,thewelloffacesthrewtheorangeatthewrongangleasitrolledaway,shesaiditdoesn'tmatter,wedon’teatt
heoutsideassumeyoureadenglishmetyourmotherbeforemine



2 comments:

BirdMadGirl said...

re-read this again today.

for the thirty-tenth time.

.......


there is no measure for what your words mean to me.

Helskel said...

$10!