Monday, February 13, 2006

Conviction

conviction she
conviction

Conviction: the act of convincing a person
of error or of compelling
the admission of a truth.

I can appreciate the conviction.
That’s what trials are for.

The soul.
Some little ‘s’ in the mouth of Soulzilla.
Algorithms for how water mixes on a convex surface,
But slides off anyway.

Epiphanies of how I exist,
How I love you.
My life,
In the most quiet moments,
Attends you, my love.

Dreams find their meaning as we wake,
Brewing, distilling, enlivening us.

It is about love.
It is about hate.
It is not about any of us.
It is us.

So personal,
So abstract.
Unconscious.
Sublime.

The truth is we lie.
We live to believe some self made dream,
Because it makes us feel,

And feeling is survival,
As much as intelligence,
As much as the mammalian instinct,
The rapid reactions of the brain stem,
The endocrine influence on the mind.

What was the time before mind?
Weird.
Undefined tension.
Some story about opening old safes in a submarine.

transition,
inner-time
(Hearing heartbeats in the ear
to
Monitoring the atomic clock’s Cesium beam)
outer-time,
Transition

Have we forgotten the barbarians?
Have we forgotten the Lucifer Principal?
Forgot that there are those who wait,
To use the depraved means we have forsworn?

Space.
Space in size,
Space in tone,
Space when you know,
Alone.

A shot of Meyer’s isn’t a commodity.

Speak space to China, India, Russ…asia.
America must?
What can any empire do?

Economic volunteerism.
Volunteer a single a hour a day
To the cause of one’s choice.
Donate time to research of clean energy.
An .org. to assemble the Online-Volk.

One hour a day.
One hour of democracy.
American competitive altruistic initiative.
ACAI, the Elective Contribution.

Sometimes it pays to read the instructions.
That’s why wars and love kill me.
There’s no fun in war anymore.

When you get a real lesson for little cost,
That’s a lucky day.

To swim,
You have to get wet.
To rush,
You have to go down the mountain.

Perhaps the past is the only half of life we understand.

6 comments:

Helskel said...

I can't disagree with ya there.

Helskel said...

But I can't give up on it either.

I'm just not dead yet.

tethys said...

Indeed you are not. No, it appears to be both our sustinance and our poison... this "love" shit

Everything Nice said...

Well, you said 'wet'

and then you told me you loved me....

I pay it no mind Helskel, I know deep down inside we just want to use each other... stop denying and take me already.

Helskel said...

I like a girl with firm delusions.

Helskel said...

I mean... firm something.

Fug, is it cocktail time yet!?