Wednesday, March 01, 2006

See The Butterfly

Gesundheit!

Count your blessings
By the accidents
You walk away from.

“You’re gonna miss my loving
One of these old days.”

Robert Cray

Help me Lord,
For I have sinned.
And I don’t know where
I lost the power
To begin again.

“Early one morning,
When I got out of bed…”

“All because of these things…”

“And the forecast calls for pain.”

Being conscious sucks,
You’re aware of how much you hurt.

I look for your eyes
I look in your eyes and see mine.

All you need is love.

And I’m happy,
If I see you.

I don’t want the other side of town.

Truth lives,
Negotiating near me.

Are we just floating chunks
of the Internet,
Lumps of creative force in a
New Primordial Soup.

Efficiency is the easiest power.

In the distance,
A Venus Pillar.

far off she glows

So cold it is these mornings,
The icicles don’t melt
With the Sun full upon them.

We’re temperate beings,
Sensitive to the speed
At which the world vibrates.

Make fun of what you’re doing.

If our dreams fall short of our insight,

If the footlights catch the stage afire,

If the Television trivialized sight and sound,

Did the computer, and
Automated word processing,
Trivialize the work of document creation,
That difficult discipline of
Our expression surviving ourselves.

Of course,
Difficulty keeps pace with innovation.

And so perhaps the Soul
Can only keep pace with
The lively trials it must experience.

There’s nothing wrong with
Accelerating your choices and actions.
Life will accelerate alongside you on its own.

Fearing change may be
The most detrimental sin,
Not in the biblical sense,
Merely the practical.

Stasis is stolen water.

So dear ones,
Continue your Hunt
For the rattling legends of happiness.

Repeat after me,

I see the butterfly.

perhonen

No comments: