Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Two Around Vi

5-Eve

There are times in a life
When you gloss over with rain.
The Thunder sounds from mouths around,
Eyes flash lightning in the dark.

But you smile.
You see.
There’s this breath, and me.

Only some sigh significantly.
Some hold still.
To know nothing
With a quiet will,
And so know calm.

(And) (So)
On and On,
With a hand holding mine
Or not.
Not to be forgot,
The times in a life.

Blithe Spirit.
Jack Benny.
Heads up, not tails,
Is a lucky penny.

I have a garden.
It's ready to go,
To sleep through winter
Under the snow,
To seed,
To stir,
To bloom after the brrrrrr.
To grow in my land,
By my hand,
A partnership free in bondage,
A relationship with bounds,
A degree of decree,
Between life and me.

I want an old Subaru.
A “poor man’s hybrid”
As Al did say.
I’ve ran my V8 Ford through thousands
Of miles, hearing John Lee
Hooker slight that streaming
Gravel Road.

I’ve been young,
I’ve been old.
I remember what I’ve been told,
What dreams I’ve sold,
What lead was gold,
If not all I’ve ever said.

And good morning,
And to bed.
I’m happy in this revolution’s thread.

Let it turn,
Let it turn me,
Let us each mark our passing.

I’m not slowing down.
I’m not losing steam.

Each day it begins,
My past,
My dreams,
My now-ward thrust.

To Make, To Here, To This, To ______.

You are Beautiful.


Beautiful View/ Luna/ Pup Tent/ 1997


Fall,
Deciduous,
Leaf,
Evergreens that lose their needles
Annually, Anyway.

“You're coming out of your shell,
You’re gonna shake it off.”

Enjoy the mix.
Mix your own drinks.

How many aspects of life
Don't actually revolve around love?

When the bass hits,
In home or on the street.

How much room of context,
Context room,
Lies between momentary
Emotional satisfaction and
The survival of the species?

Turn up the Base,
And listen to your favorite,
Listen to you.

As I feel, as you feel,
Agreement must come.

From the divine right of kings,
From the biggest club in the tribe,
To what?
What contract of sociality,
Are we to become?

How to turn instinct to the long view.

Who has the answer written well out?
Who has the messianic meme virus
To save our souls so efficiently?

We are moving beyond spell check.

If anything at all can exist outside of love.

All is defined by degrees
Of hot and cold,
Shadow and light.

We are you,
You are half.

So maybe it all just rides
Not on what we define our belief,
But how much actual work gets done.

It’s the homework afterall.

Achieve, believe, re-live.

e v e

8 comments:

Thomcat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thomcat said...

Awesome visuals from the first song/writing. I can relate to bits and pieces, thus making me feel understood.

Helskel said...

and so last night's drunken banging of the typewriter has come to fruition.

thanks thom!

Stephanie said...

I thought that was pretty amazing drunken banging of the typewriter.

Helskel said...

oh I was drunk all right!

I found the sore fingers this morning to prove it.

Love that manual typewriter.


thanks snav!

BirdMadGirl said...

Fantastic... as always :)

*props* to manual typewriters....

and drunken banging ;)

BirdMadGirl said...

P.S.

There are times in a life
When you gloss over with rain.


That is me on a daily basis and should be my motto... I am, after all, Sullen Girl :|

I just wish I could encompass the positive and the hopeful that I'm feeling from this writing. I really do make an effort - it just always seems pathetic.

A degree of decree,
Between life and me.


..if only it were that easy.

Beautiful words, H.
Truly. :)

Helskel said...

hahaha, thanks miss sullen!

Alcohol and Ink, such a wonderous combination