Thursday, November 30, 2006

Listen To The Man

Hawking's only like the smartest guy on Earth,

He sees space people

well, besides Ed Widden.



"Mankind will need to venture far beyond planet Earth to ensure the long-term survival of our species, according to the world's best known scientist, Professor Stephen Hawking.

Stephen Hawking says space is his next goal
Returning to a theme he has voiced many times before, the Cambridge University cosmologist said today that space-rockets propelled by the kind of matter/antimatter annihilation technology popularised in Star Trek would be needed to help Homo sapiens colonise hospitable planets orbiting alien stars."
story



(Moral of the story: GET OFF THE COUCH, WAY OFF THE COUCH, CAUSE WE'RE GOING TO DIE!)

1 comment:

BirdMadGirl said...

I've read the entire article... very interesting. I'm with you on this one, so please save me a seat on your rocketship when you go. I'll pack the green sauce and the rum... but can we still bring the couch?? :)

- - - - -

With my obsessive love for quotes, I thought I would dig a couple Hawking moments up for you...

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."

Stephen Hawking, Der Spiegel, 1989


"It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven't done badly. People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining."

Stephen Hawking, Interview with The Guardian (UK) September 27, 2005