Thursday, November 09, 2006

Merry-Golds

marigolds

And write it on the bus,
And write it at night,
And write it alone.

Write it to you,

Lovely rose, emma, sullen,
Trace the life from,
Me to here,
To belief, to fear.

To pluto’s loss of name,
And the luxury of love.

And guess what jeans I’m wearing,
And what bones are buried,
In my back yard.

And forgive me,
And speak.

Design what you seek
Regret not this moment,
Not this glance,
Not this chance,

Not his retard rhyme.

I’m a lover and a dier.
I die for love every night.

And wake again.

And I know I got bills to pay.
But that time is …away.

And begin and end
This prison sentence with conjunction,
And…

Live glory, when you have it.
Burst your heart forth,
For what it’s worth,

When Frank Black rolls.

Black Francis,
Turn your name round in your head.

Practice the skills that make you
Undead.

And rhyme, like a retard.

I admit all is solved,
Until the next breath.

I’ll see you all in the marigolds.




devils_workshop

Artist: Frank Black
Album: Devil's Workshop
Year: 2002
Title: Fields Of Marigold


Not for sugar not spice
Not for fool’s paradise
Not for giving advice
Not for saving a soul
There’s no reason for some
Now I’m getting numb
Now that moment has come
Hey how about a drum roll
For the Fields of Marigold?

Goodbye, I’m blowing a kiss to you
So long, wonderful being you
Goodnight we’ll soon be sleeping on the Fields of Marigold

Is it time to get up?
Now you’re breaking up
Though I know we are tough
I thought we’d lose control
And end up in the freezing cold

Goodbye, I’m blowing a kiss to you
So long, wonderful being you
Goodnight, we’ll soon be sleeping on the Fields of Marigold (x2)

3 comments:

BirdMadGirl said...

I heart you Helskel. Seriously.


Well, since it's Friday....
Fuck you for making me cry.



Truly beautiful. I love the way you think... write... create....

Thank you.

Helskel said...

shit, sullen... you help make me want to be me,

and I appreciate that!

Johnny Menace said...

Frank Black... yes.. i think i will dig in the collection for that one... rock on