Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Marble Of Madness

portal

My mind,
This marble of madness
This swirling, round world of cloudy colored rock.

I hold the marble betwixt thumb and forefinger,
Aiming a slight angle at the target inside the ring.
Connect, and I’ll claim my right to all the worlds,
Miss and I’ll lose this, my only mind.

big-blue-marble

Holding still,
With this marble of madness
My mind quivers silently.

Raging on,
With the wayward ways waiting,
My decision won’t be born of meekness.

Finding this circle,
Broken and begging in a ripped asphalt square
Off the road to Westland,
Was luck of the man eating kind.

The marble is to be held,
Tightly,
For looseness makes your mind wander,
Slightly.


head

Marbled stone and glass,
Remembering promises,
Curling litmus sweat around the past.

Remember who I am,
For me when I do not.
Tap my shoulder
On the destined day
In this broken parking lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the most cohesive piece you've written in some time, I really like it..the imagery is lovely and the words flow like only you know how to make them do...

Helskel said...

that's what I get for writing sober

BirdMadGirl said...

You always find the best photos to blend with your words :)

As always, I'm blown away with what you've written... you are my poetic lariat, pulling me in your direction and bringing a calmness to all that's chaotic in my world.


*silently circling around the target and holding onto the possibility of that destined day.