Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cigarette Burn On The Typed Sheet

burnin paper

Life's an educational process.
Funny we need hardship and
Laughter.

...sure the car runs revs up,
Clean and hot,
Right wit quick...

Ltlmke talking about hangings, anti freeze,
Simple flashlights...
...Dragged her out at four in the morning
To see this owl...

Partly cloudy fantasy,
Tinged with reality.
Where is the now?

I even crawl through alleys sometimes,
Four wheel drive spoils
The weather that is handed to you.

And the dreams we have for other people,
The people we think are worth more,
And the wish and the tragedy,
The skills, it's all what you do, commonly.

Interest is possibility.
Passion without growth is impotence.

Something so stripping as early 2007...
'As,' for that's all the dear human brain can do sometimes.

'Sometimes,' such a popular word,
Encompassing all and giving nothing.

And I'm here drinking a beer,
Relieving all these compromises,
Relieving my own reality
Seeking others',
Seeking some peace
That none of us experience
Yet still feel bent to, inborn and instinctually.

I'm here,
And I see 2007 as a different Work.
Whereas the year previous consumed our inner trials,
2007 will demand recognition of outer expressions,
Realities, still shocking even after Jane's Addiction.

What can I say?
Intelligence is a measure of preparation,
Whether measured in fractions of a second,
Or decades, generations, lives
Met with Intention.

First there is intelligent action,
And then emotional evaluation,
Aftermath,
The after-realm where specifics mean less.

Of course specifics is a relative term,
Based on the timing of soccer practices
Or whether or where we are to eat this week...

...I think We'll make it.

I do.

...Founded on species bias,
Or some more hopefulness of the soul...

I can only seek to survive the pain
And harp upon the glory and the new horizon's light.

Of all of you...

This is what We do,
The best of us,
And thank god,

And quote

3 comments:

BirdMadGirl said...

As always... I love your words. But this one is more difficult to decipher than others. Reading one way, it sounds hopeful and promising. But in a different light and taken in from another angle, it seems quite tragic. So I'm not quite sure if I should smile or cry.

Perhaps you will tell me?

leomange said...

wurd...

Helskel said...

a blended contradiction on ice,
served en flambe...