Wednesday, January 10, 2007

...Back In The Day

just watching
...a dear friend of mine (notice I didn't say "old", Liz!)
dug this poem up, that I apparently gave to her years ago
in our watching the girls go by time, on Boulder campus...


And she looked at me,
Her eyes there moving inside me,
Looking around myself,
Dreaming into me,
As is her way,
Gently feeling about in my rolling mind
As I glance around her face,
Familiar with every smiling curve
For she is one I tell
what is seen, what would be seen
As she performs that moment
of class before, punctuating
the story of comments with
the intimate language we share.
The artful communication of
trust winked at one,
smirked at the other.

Each day we stretch for the sun,
Shifting our position, now and again,
looking for someone to watch,
maybe there’s interest, maybe not

Each day met, we come closer to
the ease we all seek in another
Living in every moment together with the love
that I can look around a little at you,
romancing the shared
under the breath
chuckle of our future.
And I offer another phase,
partial to my smile
I look at you
with the feeling that I’m drowning,
and the dying’s fine.

1 comment:

BirdMadGirl said...

Your technique was different then, but I still love this one... especially the last verse.

....