Friday, January 26, 2007

Black Rider

black rider

Dream rider carouseling,
Black horses of sleep,
For you.

For my lost far away girl,
Past rivers wide,
And swimming grasses in the wind.

On such long Fridays as this,
Working for the weekend of your life.

Think flight.
Feel the wings of your mind
And resistance to despair.

Dare to dream with me,
The black cavalry
Who stalks your subtle unconscious.

I need you,
Whomever you Turn to Be.

I breathe to try again,
Prevented by nothing,
Not death,
Not darkness,
…may my eyes create an incantation,
And find light enough in this solar system,
Among the oasis stars,
Among the washing oceans,
As they cleanse the land of all its pain.

Breathe free a breather,
Like the Dolphins driven from dry Earth.

Sleep with me.
Find the moments grown to life times
Of Searching,
Of crossing the deserts,
And always above, the sky,
The clouds hauling water through our hearts.

Know nothing,
But believe it all.

Invade my body,
You Britisher of past empire,
You refugee.

Dream with my eyes,
Dream,
Repeat,
Dream,
Repeat,
Dream,

With me…

1 comment:

BirdMadGirl said...

This one is, by far, my favorite.

....

You are beautiful beyond words.