Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pay Attention, Damn It

BurningCity

"The Roman Republic fell for many reasons, but three reasons are worth remembering: declining moral values and political civility at home, an overconfident and overextended military in foreign lands, and fiscal irresponsibility by the central government."

...familiar...?

BarocciAeneas

I want everyone to think for second.

I want everyone to consider how their life will change very soon.

The system is consuming itself.

It is becoming visible to even the blindest sheep.

This is not a new reality television show.

The Troubles are coming back to us and our land.

The reset button will slam down like a thunder clap.

The road to Mt. Doom is long,
and the Ring is heavy.

Not all of us are going to make it.

ix_illo_1


(as always, a daily read should be
The People's Economist,
a long-time link here on The Wall)

3 comments:

BirdMadGirl said...

I love it when you're all giddy and full of happy thoughts and shit =)


*bites

Helskel said...

I know.

I have a problem with pussy-footing around with my words.

I'm working on it.

Anonymous said...

Having just finished Guns, Germs and Steel, and currently re-reading The Story of B, I have my share of doom and gloom on a global scale. Maybe that's why I've slacked in my Urban reading as of late... well, that and a lack of internet connection at home. I really must do something about that...