Sunday, November 14, 2021

You Burn, I Burn


You burn. I burn.
Ashes, dust, Again to learn.


Been falling since I woke,
Midnight, 3am, a late cloudy sunrise. 


Found the fire lit by my own hands,
Again, consuming the consumed. 


Left my breath blowing, careless,
Sometime last year. 
Lost your faces this year,
In a pit of fate, and fear. 


Dug the holes,

One and then two.

And meanwhile, my father, you. 


Can't find the time machine I wish.

Remaining is just cruel evaporative memory. 


Seems so silly.

The depth of feeling I deal,

Minus you. 

Compared to the rest of this desperate world. 


I don't know if sorrow has increased 

Over the long course of this earth's natural history. 


But it has increased here 

Of late. 


And I'm so sorry, and thankful.  

And other such ineffectual communications of my experience. 


Nothing I do will fight this known horrible beast. 


This relentless Entropy. 


I sometimes hate that I was brought here to live.  To have an I and eye. 


Pitiful self serving remorse.  

Yet it's real. And I declare truthfully, it's been with me since I had a me. 



And forgive me, you who finds this. 

Such notes do nothing more than a sudden culvert absorbing the momentary deluge. 


If I could just back up. Back away the recent floods. 



No comments: