Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hard, Sharp, Wet

Dangerous_Liason

And if I asked you,
If you do remember do,
Yesterday.

If you’ve seen tomorrow,
If you’ve heard notes before dawn
And smelled breakfast in the kitchen,
One month hence.

Would you know what I mean,
Would you know just what minute
Of which dream.

With too many filler words,
Too round sounds for the tongue,
When mouths are better for
Other things than talking.

Darling dear, my
Black sun stir,
my star blur,
Flick
Of raven’s soaking wing.

You,

My favorite unformed memory,
My lake bonded lady,
My better word for blue.

What questions I have,
I hold for you,
I know the bed I sleep in,
I know where to begin,
And, so westerly

“I can’t help humming along
to this life…this moment’s already gone.”

-Damn this terrible text usurping
my drawing touch along your neck-

-Do bring the dusk,
My hands in your hair,
My sweet subtle world cracking relief,
My covetor of thieves girl-

Beware dreams,
Hearts,
Gorgeous cookies from ginger fingers green,
My fairytale princess,
Middle west and torn in black dress,
Ripped nightly,
In the moon lightly
That finds your far window.

Come play with me
this year's noon.
Come play with this
knife, my spoon.

3 comments:

~d said...

(sigh)
beautiful.

~d

Kellie said...

Love it.

BirdMadGirl said...

Beautiful and painful...

...but hopeful in the same breath.

xoxox