Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New Moon

forest's new moon

We’ve watched her from below,
Through the long darkness.
Watched her pour herself nightly
Upon far away stars,
Emptying herself,
Unburdening herself,
Freeing herself,
Of last light.

Yet she whispers to me,
I am not dying,
But beginning anew,
My new moon.

Dressed in black,
A fresh shape,
A young breath,
Reborn in soft silhouette,
She rises from the east,
She comes to me,
To fill with new reflections of the distant Sun.

Again, for me,
Waking again with me.

What does she cast upon this westland

What nocturnal prowlings does she grace

What muzzles bristling wait to howl

What trembling earth does she quake,
With her first night black boot step

What tide does she draw to her
From within my aching breast

What blood pulses for thee,
My new moon

What dreams will follow with you tonight

What love
What love
What love

6 comments:

BirdMadGirl said...

....


Just put your hands around my heart
And squeeze me 'til I'm dry


~The Cure

~d said...

It will be positive. Anything this 'right' cannot be 'wrong'.

Helskel said...

unless you're ned flanders...

~d said...

29 minutes and counting.
Please pass along these two words:

HOLY COW !!!


(was this for me?! Ned

Helskel said...

hehehe, yeah...

just making a joke of Ned's perspective on the right hand being 'wrong'

:-)

~d said...

I heard sheer perfection cannot be topped.