Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tulips Push

“tell me is the time as slow”

SPRING

Woke today,
Couldn’t wait to start drinking,
Thinking too far ahead,
Cause I’m just waiting,
Waiting.

Can feel it move up my wrist
From my clock to my cleave,
Looking down that airport road,
Spotting those metal wings
Glinting above,
Waiting, waiting.

Watching the tulips push
Through the winter clay,
Wanting what the birds say,
As they call out to passersby,
Whistling their flirty feathered tones.

As it warms,
As it waits,
So patiently burning through my
Front porch shirt.

This world waits for you,
For that very first day,
For the first of Spring,
For the first day she comes.

8 comments:

Helskel said...

sixteen days

MLC said...

I browsed through your blog... I find your esprit de artiste refreshing... ^_^

Helskel said...

thankee sai

BirdMadGirl said...

and the waiting is painful, indeed...

leomange said...

damn...

~d said...

Wow. I might say I am a bit jealous. Your portrayal is stunning, the real thing will be even better!

BirdMadGirl said...

I hear nothing but the ticking of the clock...


Tell me, does it taste like home??

Helskel said...

...when your eyes are closed...