Saturday, March 24, 2007

Perfect Rainy Afternoon

drops-on-the-glass

Perfect rainy afternoon,
Lainy with my moon,

“stop she said,
“I’m much too tender,
“please.”

Starlings singing,
Drops on the pane push ringing.

Left her before she left today,
Giving my heart’s wrapping away,
Filtered cold light on a cloudy day,
Dreaming awake with you,
Watching your closed eyes move.

“It’s not my blue,
“It’s just sweet time with you.”

Can’t remember a day it rained like this,
My so something lainy with a twist,
Smiling and sore and pissed,
Sweet and subtle and sullen,
Conjunction here and there,
Goldie and her bear.

Weekends away,
Hours breaking and fray.

“I’d love to hear you play guitar.

“It’s going to sound like shit.

“I don’t care.”

5 comments:

Everything Nice said...

Remarkable and rhetoric.

I love it more than Minerva.

BirdMadGirl said...

i miss you...

~d said...

She said...
I like to see you write about 'she'.
I am honored to 'know' you.

BirdMadGirl said...

At the beep, please leave your name, number and a brief justification of the ontological necessity of modern man's existential dilemma and we'll get back to you.

BirdMadGirl said...

I really miss that day... and the rain I had today only made it worse.